Kids are fountains of youth and knowledge. I ask mine questions all the time while they still know it all. We leave for a short camping trip with DW’s brother, his wife, and their 4 kids in 6 sleeps. The boys are as excited to see their cousins as they are to sleep in a tent for 3 nights. We’ll be visiting the neighboring province, Prince Edward Island. Home of the fabled Anne of Green Gables, PEI potatoes, Cows Ice Cream, and an alpaca that, four years ago, scared a certain 2 year old for years.
1. What are you most looking forward to doing in PEI?
Crash: Hanging out in the thing… the tent and trading Pokemon with my cousins. And going to Shining Waters
Bang: Roasting marshmallows (he doesn’t eat them, just roasts them)
2. Who is Anne of Green Gables?
Crash: A girl and she was in a bunch of movies but I completely forget who she is
Bang: Pime Minister?
3. How long will it take to get to PEI?
Crash: Probably about 75 minutes
Bang: 18,000 minutes
(It will take 4 hours)
4. What is something we should do while we are in PEI?
Crash: Go to Shining Waters
Bang: Ride our scooters
5. How many S’mores will you eat in 3 days?
Bang: Zero because I don’t like them with marshmallows on them
6. What is something you want to learn about while you’re in PEI?
Crash: Who Anne of Green Gables is
Bang: Being safe
7. What is something you remember from last time we were there? (4 years ago)
Crash: That I got my Cows Ice Cream shirt that said “Gangnum Cow”
Bang: I got scared by the alpaca (an alpaca was laying behind a wall and stood suddenly when Bang approached scaring him. For the longest time we kept him out of places (such as basements) by telling him there alpacas in there)
8. What will we do if it rains while we’re camping?
Crash: Me and my cousins will trade Pokemon cards
Bang: Go in the tent
9. What’s your favorite animal?
Crash: Cat because they’re stealthy and cool
Bang: Camel because people can ride on my humps
10. What country would be fun to visit?
Crash: Houston, Texas
Bang: Alberta… no wait, Newfoundland!
(Seems we need some geography lessons)