Liebster: German for dearest, darling, liked or loved above all others.
So you can imagine my surprise when my little space was nominated for this award from across the globe. Here I am just writing some random thoughts for The World to read if they want. Then someone comes along and says “Hey, darling. I love what you write. Have this award.”
Maybe not in those words, exactly.
But I’m equally honored. A Momma’s View had me listed with other blogs that I read, too. Blogs that my blog look up to as if they were an older, wiser sibling. As if my blog were just a toddling toddler. I suppose it’s equivalent to someone dreaming then finding themselves playing next to those who they have pinned on their bedroom wall.
The rules state that I need to thank the person who nominated me. I did, and I thank you again! Then I need to answer some questions, give some facts, nominate some others and give them some questions to answer. So here goes with the questions given to me…
IF YOU COULD ERASE A MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE, WHICH WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
All the moments of my life have led me to writing this, just as every moment of your life has led you to reading this. If we remove one of those moments, what would happen to the others? Would the butterfly effect change them all? If that’s the case, I’d remove none. I like where I am. If removing one didn’t alter the rest though, I’d remove the day I got my head stuck in a cinder block. 38 years later and I still haven’t lived that one down…
WHO’S YOUR FAVOURITE LITERARY HEROINE?
Just one? I think one is Hermione from the Harry Potter series. No, not because it’s Emma Watson. I liked her before the movies ever came out. Hermione is smart, works hard, and is a loyal friend. More importantly, she knows when she needs to break the rules. J.K. Rowling did a fantastic job writing her character. If it weren’t for her, chances are good Harry wouldn’t have defeated You-Know-Who. My other favorite is Liesel Meminger from The Book Thief. Liesel loves books (as the title infers) and while everyone else in WWII German is stealing food, she is stealing books. She learns to read and then learns the power of words.
IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
If I got to take all my family with me, we’d move to Hawaii where there is lots of hiking and lots of water. My Dad’s sister lives in Belize so perhaps that would be fun, too. The Caribbean out the front door and Mayan ruins out the back. Again, lots of hiking and lots of water. Notice a theme? I’m part camel, part fish. A camish.
DO YOU LIKE TO COOK? AND WHAT IS YOUR GO TO DISH?
I love to cook. I think my go to dish is that quick and easy one we call hamburger slop. It’s just burger, a packet of brown gravy, smashed potatoes and a can of corn. My favorite dish to cook though is lasagna soup.
WHO WOULD YOU CHANGE LIVES WITH IF GIVEN THE CHANCE? WHY?
Wow. That’s a hard one. I think I would change lives with an astronaut. I would love to spend 6 months on the ISS. Mom always called me a space cadet, anyway…
WHAT WOULD YOU NEVER CHANGE ABOUT YOURSELF?
I would never change my hair style. It’s easy to manage. No bedhead.
WHAT WOULD YOU TELL YOUR YOUNGER SELF?
I would tell my younger self to study harder and stay on track.
IF YOU COULD FAST FORWARD 20 YEARS, WOULD YOU? WHY OR WHY NOT?
Nope. There would be so much I miss. Birthdays and graduations and vacations… Like Van Halen sang, Right Now.
WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE, MIND READING OR STRENGTH?
I pick strength. I don’t want to know what everyone else is thinking.
WHO IS YOUR HERO?
DW, for tolerating me. My parents, for making me who I am even though sometimes it probably didn’t seem like it was working. My brother, for all his tours serving our country overseas. All my teachers, too.
WHAT WOULD YOU WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU INSTANTLY AND WHY?
I would want people to know that in groups, I’m quiet and listening. If you’re patient, I’ll jump into the conversation when I’m ready.
Next step: 11 “interesting” facts about myself…
1. I’m an extroverted introvert
2. I have the smartest, most beautifulest wifey ever. Sorry guys.
3. I’m good at sucking up.
4. If I had a super power it would be the ability to talk to animals.
5. I once went sledding off my neighbors garage roof.
6. I have an idea for a children’s book. I just haven’t written it, yet.
7. I co-wrote a children’s book that we haven’t published yet. It has been turned down by a dozen publishers, though.
8. Crash learned to play Hot Cross Buns on his recorder. I want to stab my ear drums and now understand how my parents must have felt when I was learning to play the trumpet when I was his age.
9. I sound like I’m eating sandwiches in my sleep. I smack my lips like I’m chewing. I’ve never heard it so they could be lying, but I doubt it.
10. I grew up an Orioles fan and am still an Orioles fan.
11. I can roll my tongue and I can flip it both directions.
Now to nominate 11 bloggers. I know some of you might not accept
rainbows up the arse these nomination awards, so consider this a virtual high five. A proverbial tip of the hat for doing what you do…
Meh… close enough…
Here are your questions should you choose to accept…
- How do you re-energize?
- What yearly salary would you consider “living comfortably”?
- If you met Mother Theresa, what would you ask her?
- What ice cream flavor do you think your personality is like?
- If your car had a super power, what super power would you like it to have?
- Do you have a plan for your blog for the long run?
- Is there a word you avoid using? A word you don’t like?
- Do you have a favorite word?
- If we communicated by playing musical instruments, what instrument would you communicate with?
- Is there a time when something didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to, but in the end you were glad that it didn’t?
- What’s the best piece of advice you would give a new blogger?