Today is your lucky day folks. Since I didn’t get around to posting the boys answers yesterday I thought I’d give you a double dose. My parents have graciously answered 10 more questions for me. Enjoy a look back and a good laugh!
1. What is something you like to do now that Brad and I are not longer living at home?
Ma: There isn’t much. I’d prefer to have you back home. But here’s one. I can shower with the bathroom door open.
Pa: eating snacks like potato chips then going to bed without being asked “whats you been eating ?” by a little one. Then there’s relaxing on the couch without worrying about my eyes drying out from an errantly thrown sock.
2. What was it like where you grew up?
Ma: Pittsburgh & Frostburg are the same but different. They both get bunches of snow. Frostburg is a small college town and the area of Pittsburgh that I lived in has a small town feel. I loved both.
Pa: really rural, lots of room to roam outside and wander safely in the woods.
3. What did you like to watch on TV as a kid?
Ma: Saturday morning was Roy Rogers. At 5 years old I quit dance lessons because they were the same time as Roy.
Pa: Sci-Fi the World Beyond , The Outer Limits & the Twilight Zone then cartoons like Bugs unny, Road Runner & Popeye. But I shouldn’t forget the Orioles too.
4. Do you remember a favorite costume Brad and I wore? That you wore?
Ma: Favorite costume has to be the crayons. I have no idea what I wore as a child.
Pa: You both were crayons. Me? Well there is a little known story where my mom claims I dressed as a girl when I was around 8 yrs old, marched in a Halloween parade and won a silver dollar ( I think I sort of remember that so it could be true ) and since I like silver dollars that would be my favorite.
5. Which pet was your favorite? Why?
Ma: Mackie is my favorite. As a pup he chose me as opposed to the other way around. He was always happy.
Pa: Mackie – We went to look at a group of puppies and he came out of the bunch like he wanted us, especially mom. After that he grew into a take charge little guy, would kill snakes and birds and even had a yellow lab scared of him but he was always a loving sole.
Crash and Mackey (Dec. 2008)
6. What is your dream vehicle?
Ma: An old Jeep or a luxury SUV
Pa: A Time Machine
7. How did you two meet? What was your first date like?
Ma: I met Dad at his surprise birthday party that his roommate threw for him. We didn’t start dating until after Dad graduated so we did long distance dating which doesn’t lead to normal first dates.
Pa: College, my birthday party.
8. What was your favorite thing about college?
Ma: My friends & Dendrology class
Pa: learning to make new friends and be on my own (remember I was 1 of 7 kids)
(I Googled it for you. They were both forestry majors)
9. What was your first regular paying job? How old were you and how much did you make?
Ma: Thrift Drugstore cashier, I was 17 and I couldn’t begin to tell you what I earned.
Pa: cutting grass and trimming hedges at the Daffin House (it is a historic house built around 1780), probably about $ 1.00 per hour (more than enough , I was 12 and rode my bike to work )
10. Where was your favorite place to take my brother and I?
Ma: As wee ones, the beach; Older, sporting events. I loved watching you both play and enjoyed friends in the stands.
Pa: Gettysburg, little league games & wrestling tournaments , Dairy Queen (just let your Canadian friends know that was an ice cream place)
(Don’t worry Canada, I’ll let him know we have DQ here, too. There is even one right here in our little town)
Update: I asked my dad where he’d go in his time machine. This was his response…
a couple of times actually
1. exactly who built the pyramids and how
2. exactly how big were dinosaurs
3. maybe the day before the rain started falling on Noah
4. did they really feed christians to the lions
5. watch babe ruth play baseball
6. Battle of Gettysburg
7. Catch a ride on the Mayflower
8. and of course go back to your sophomore year wrestling tournament and suggest you let your opponent up and give up 1 point instead of giving up a reversal and 3 back points. (this is in reference to a wrestling match I lost in the final few seconds. Been playing the “I shoulda” game ever since.)
Thanks for playing along Ma and Pa! Love you bunches!