It may be a “Mystery Blogger Award” but my nominator certainly is no mystery. Thanks, A Momma’s View for the nomination.
Okoto Enigma writes, “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.
To think that someone else thinks I’m an amazing blogger with ingenious posts which captivates, inspires, and motivates simply leaves me speechless. As for finding fun and inspiration… that’s easy considering the two, wild subjects who often find themselves at the source of this blog of mine. I can’t imagine what you would be reading about if it weren’t for those two.
Rules For The Nominees:
- Display the award logo on your blog. √
- List the Rules. √
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. √
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. √
- Tell your readers three things about yourself. See below
- Answer five questions from the nominee. See below below
- Nominate anywhere from ten to twenty bloggers. I’ll try! It’ll be below below below
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog. Got it. Below x 4…
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question. okilydokily…
- Share the link to your best post. easy peasy…
3 things about me
- I can touch my nose with my tongue
- I can juggle 3 objects but not 4
- I used to play the tumpet
1. Would you jump in front of a bus for a complete stranger?
Perhaps? Maybe? Depends really. I suppose if I’m being really honest with myself I would, but only if I can get myself out of the way as well. I’m not sure I could take the hit for a complete stranger. I do have my own life, wife, kids, and family, too.
2. If a neighbor was a hoarder and lived in unsafe and unhealthy conditions, would you ignore it or take action? If you did, what would it be?
I probably wouldn’t. Like Momma said, hording is an addiction, a mental disorder. Would attempt to get them the help they need? Yes. First I would attempt to get them to see that how they’re is unhealthy. If they refused my help I would attempt the help with a professional. Perhaps an addictions expert. Would I attempt to clean their house? Most definitely not. I don’t even like cleaning my own house. I suppose if they refused to accept any help I would eventually just end up moving.
3. If you could go back in time and change one day in your life, which day would it be and why?
I’m not going for the butterfly effect here. If I were to go change one day, only that day would change, not all the days after it. However, one decision I would change would be decision not to attend my grandfather’s funeral. I was in university when he passed. Back then, death was still foreign and scary. Really, it still is, but I can face it now. I’m older and wiser now. I should have been there.
4. What is your favorite word?
Really. I know, really? It has all the functionality of that F word. (I like that one, too. I just use it much) You can imply “WTF” with a well intoned “really?”. Or it could mean, “OMG” with a different intonation. Or you use it consecutively you can express your love. Because I really really like you. Really?
5. The weird question: If you knew you could get away with it, would you rob a bank?
Are we talking about stealing a buck 50 or millions? For millions, I would. I’d be all over it. Banks are insured. They’ll get their money back. I’d share the wealth, though. Family, friends, charities. I definitely would keep my big mouth shut about it. The money would just mysteriously appear and only I would know of its existence. Of course, it would probably erode my guilty conscience until I snapped.
My favorite post
I like what Momma’s View said about not having yet written her best post. I hope I haven’t my best yet. But my best so far? That would be this one, The Value of a Teacher. But I had the most fun writing Life Before and After Kids.
I know some of you don’t do the awards and nomination thing. Too bad, I’m nominating you anyway because I think you deserve the recognition for writing such spectacular blogs. If you don’t accept, that’s fully okay. Consider this your virtual high five, smack on the ass, fist pound.
Grubbs n Critters
Not the Average Mama
Mirror and Soul
Return of the Modern Philosopher
Your 5 questions
- What is your best trait?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- You see a car veer off a bridge. Do you jump in the water to rescue the driver?
- What is your blog mostly about?
- Ben and Jerry want to make an ice cream flavor in your honor. What do you taste like?
Thanks again, for nominating me for this award! I’ve never gotten this one before. This gives me an extra day to put together the post about our skating trip and DW getting kicked off the ice.