It’s official. We’re booked for 3 nights at a campsite in PEI. We’re meeting DW’s brother and his wife and 4 kids there. The boys are excited for multiple reasons, A) we get to sleep in a tent and B) they’ll get to play with their cousins for three days.
Also, we have a free pass for two nights of camping in a national/provincial park. The PEI trip is booked at a family campground. Wide open spaces, but lots for the kids to do. Bang wants to go (and I do, too) camping in a forest (as you’ll read in just a moment). So perhaps we’ll use the 2 night pass for forest camping. We might need a few practice nights in the backyard. Though, what I’m most nervous about what to feed the youngest, pickiest eater besides cookies, granola bars, and crackers.
1. What does it mean to go camping?
Crash: When you put up a tent, talk in a tent, roast marshmallows and stay up til 12:00
Bang: Like roast marshmallows, have fun, and sleep in a tent. You don’t do that at real bedtime
2. What is going to be the most fun about camping?
Crash: Going to Shinning Waters, if we go. (Shinning Waters is a water park so his favorite thing about our planned camping trip has nothing do with camping)
Bang: Roasting marshmallows, probably. Because i burn them
3. What do you want to do while we’re camping?
Crash: Doing our own comedy shows inside the tent
Bang: Go to sleep… err no.. Eat cookies
4. How many nights to you want to sleep in a tent?
Crash: 4 would be good
Bang: 30 years
5. What animal would be really cool to see while we’re camping?
Crash: A moose or an owl
Bang: Deer. I haven’t seen one in like ages
6. What is something you hope doesn’t happen while we’re camping?
Crash: The tent catches on fire
Bang: A bear breaks into our tent
7. What would you do if we saw a bear while camping?
Crash: I know what I do! I would slowly walk away from it because in a book it told you how escape from a bear and it said to slowly walk away from it.
Bang: Get our guns out and shoot in the nose?
Me: Do we have guns?
Bang: We have toy guns.
Me: So you want to shoot it with a Nerf dart?
8. Where (besides PEI) do you want to go camping?
Bang: In a forest. I’ve never been into the forest.
9. What are we going to eat when we go camping?
Crash: Probably granola bars and cheese and crackers
Bang: Junk, like cookies, granola bars. Oh, don’t forget my favorite kind of crackers from playgroup.
10. What is something we should do to be safe while camping?
Crash: Always have a first aid kit and don’t lose your mind and wander off.
Bang: Stick together so we don’t get lost.