Remember our Random Act of Kindness the other day? The one where we delivered cookies to the RCMP station and the paramedic base? We still need to get some to the firemen. Anway, we found out that the cookies didn’t last long. Some, who came in some time after our delivery, said the crumbs were delicious. So I thought I’d share my recipe with you. They’re the cookies that DW always requests I make when I say I’m going to make cookies.
1) Preheat your oven.
2) Gather these items:
– brown sugar
– white sugar
– 2 eggs
– baking soda
– Chocolate chips
3) Add 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup shortening, 1 cup of brown sugar, and a 1/2 cup of white sugar to a mixing bowl and beat the hell out of it until it’s creamy.
4) Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 2 eggs (any color, any size. don’t discriminate) and continue to whip it into submission.
5) In a separate bowl add 1 and 1/2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and a pinch or two of salt and stir the shit out of it.
6) In small parts add it to the egg and sugar mixture. Watch the flour powder fly! (that’s my favorite part)
7) Turn the mixer off for this next part. It’s best to do it with a spatula. Add in 3 cups of oats 1 cup at a time.
8) After the oats are well mixed add in 2 cups of chocolate chips and get those mixed in, too.
9) Taste test. But be careful! Only 1 taste is necessary. I’ve been know to test too much and before I know it the bowl is empty and no cookies are made.
10) Put a dozen spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake it for 11 minutes. Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet while the next batch bakes then move them to wire racks to finish cooling.
11) You’ll want to hide some for later because there’s not much better than eating a cookie in secret!