A huge thank you to Sandra over at A Momma’s View for nominating me for this. I managed to trace this award back 10 generations. I’m honored that it has come my way. It’s given me Tuesday material without having to use my A-Z Challenge topics.
- Thank the person who nominated you and give a link to their blog. Done
- Display the award on your post and write about it. Done
- Give a brief history on your blog itself. See below
- Offer a piece of advice to new and upcoming bloggers. See below below
- Select 10 other bloggers you wish to nominate. See all the way below
How it all started
April 25th, 2013 was my introduction to the blogging world. I started at Blogger via Google. I posted only a few times a month while there. I think the most ever was seven in one month. I certainly wasn’t a prolific writer. I wrote there until January of ’15. However, I was having trouble finding other blogs to read and making connections with other bloggers. Then a friend posted her blog to Facebook and I discovered WordPress. 45 posts and nearly two years later I made the switch.
I really can’t say why I started blogging. I enjoy writing and have for the longest time. So I guess it was only a matter of time before I started writing for the internet. Unfortunately there isn’t a wild and crazy or inspirational story behind my blog. Unless you count Crash and Bang. They’re wild and crazy enough. So I decided to write about my joys and frustrations with them. From calling windmills “giant fans” to doing chores (or not doing them). From heart check-ups to igloos to bath times.
My tips for new bloggers
WordPress is about community. Sure we all like to watch the numbers go up because it means people are reading and sharing what we write. The easiest way for that to happen is to ignore the numbers and join the community that is WordPress and the blogging world. Want others to read your posts? Read theirs. Want others to comment on your posts? Comment on theirs. Want others to share your writing? Share theirs. It’s a two way street here in the bloggosphere. Plus you’ll meet some great bloggers and make some virtual friends.
As always, if you don’t do this award thing, no worries. Consider this shout out to be a virtual high five.
A Texan’s View of Upstate New York
Single Family Asylum
It’s not often one gets awarded for doing something they would be doing anyway – even without the recognition. Much like coaching, there are rewards, there are up and downs, there are people, there’s a reason bigger than ourselves. Wait, maybe that’s teaching. Either way, blogging has become more enjoyable than I ever imagine when I first started. Like running, you get out of it what you put into it. No one to blame but yourself. Or your kids. They’re good for blaming stuff on.
In a matter of 3 days I was nominated for this award twice (same award, different badge so I get two badges for the price of one). A huge thanks to Georgia over at McKinley’s Milestones and Lisa Pomerantzster. Without knowing, they both nominated me for this award within days of each other. High fives all around!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link up to their blog ☑
- Nominate at least 15 bloggers of my choice, including links to each one so you, my lovely readers can see what I am talking about! (When thinking about The Versatile Blogger, one must keep in mind writing style, technique, uniqueness of subject matter and the level of love that exudes from the words on their pages) (See Below)
- Share seven facts about yourself (See under below)
Since I was nominated twice I hope I don’t have to nominate 30 bloggers! Or give 14 facts about myself. I’ll just do 15 and 7.
I know not all you do this award thing. They’re kinda silly, but the recognition is nice. Or if you’ve already accepted this award. If I nominate you consider it to be a virtual high five or slap on the ass after a touchdown/homerun/goal.
- I Didn’t Have My Glasses On
- Riddle From the Middle
- Secret Diary of a Computer Science Student
- When the Kids Go To Bed
- Sounds Like Life To Me
- Bumbi’s Mom
- Anxious Mom
- Coach Daddy
- A Momma’s View
- Ah Dad
Now for seven facts about me in case you missed the ABC’s of me:
- Sometimes I sleep with socks on
- I’m excited for the 25-35 cm (10-14 in) of snow we’re supposed to get tomorrow
- I worked 14 years (summers) as an agricultural consultant and loved it.
- My three favorite animals are wolves, cheetahs, and green red eyed tree frogs.
- I have a tattoo of two of those three in five.
- I want a tattoo for my kids, but don’t know what yet (maybe wolf prints?)
- I have the best DW ever in the history!
I was going write about our igloo again today. But it makes me sad. Two days of 6C (42F) and rain will destroy any igloo. Though, as a testament to how sturdy ours actually was, only the south facing roof section fell down. Not the whole thing. Perhaps it can be rebuilt. I’ll show ya later. Tomorrow is question answering day (Hint: one of the question wasn’t asked by the kids). And Saturday is Story Saturday – chapter four is officially in the works). And Sunday has become sharing day. Perhaps I’ll give you a bonus read this weekend?
Happy reading! Happy blogging!
We’re outta here. Time to go to playgroup!