I’ve been reading the book Wonder to the boys. We’re about 90% of the way through it. As soon as I remember I’m going to have them draw a picture of what they think Auggie looks like. Tonight I asked them what they have learned while reading it. I was truly afraid one of them would answer about the farting nurse that made a brief appearance way back in the third chapter. I was pleasantly surprised to hear their answers and hope it sticks with them for a long time.
1. What was your favorite thing about Christmas Break?
Crash: Nana and Pop Pop coming over. It was their first Christmas in Cape Breton
Bang: Seeing Nana and Pop Pop
2. What was your favorite Christmas present?
Crash: My ukelele and camera (so I can make videos for my YouTube channel)
Bang: My Hatchimal and Nana and Pop Pop
3. Is there something you were hoping to get for Christmas but didn’t?
Crash: Two things acutally. A Lego Minecraft set and Cappy.
Bang: I got everything!
4. Is there something we didn’t do that you wish would could have done?
Crash: Eat more cinnamon rolls
Bang: Play another game of Life because Nana only played one game
5. What is one thing you learned today?
6. What is something you want to learn?
Crash: How to play the ukelele
Bang: Actual algebra and times tables
7. Why do people have different skin colors?
Crash: It’s just the way they were born
Bang: Because they live in different places
8. What’s the best thing to tell Alexa (Amazon Echo)?
Crash: To play Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran
Bang: Make a fart noise
9. What does Mom want for her birthday?
10. What have you learned from reading “Wonder”?
Crash: That everyone is special in their own way
Bang: About sticking up for my friends like when Amos bulled over Eddie