What a crazy, mixed up world we live in. Hurricane Harvey hit Texas. I think Texas brought it on themselves, though, with their whole “Everything’s bigger in Texas”. That was true until the largest recorded hurricane, Hurricane Irma, came crashing through the Carribean and Florida. Then there’s Hurrican Jose lining up and waiting it’s turn after Irma. There are wildfires burning in Montana. And North Korea is setting off Nukes. You know, because there’s not enough in this world that can kill us.
So, in light of all that happening, we send our kids off to school. Education just might be our best defence. As yesterday was the first day of school for many, I asked the boys questions about their day. They were both excited to go. Even better, they were both excited to tell us about their day when they got home. Of course, if you thought their favorite part of their first day of school had anything to do with school you’re gravely mistaken…
1. What was the best part of your first day of school?
Crash: Going outside and playing a game at the end of the day with my class
Bang: Meeting all my new friends
2. What didn’t you like about the first day of school?
Crash: Nothing really…
Bang: Nothing. I liked everything
3. What do you want to learn about in school?
Crash: Science, like experiements and stuff
Bang: Doing science… like make special potions that heal you if you’re getting attacked or murdered
4. What do you already know that you don’t need to learn in school?
Crash: Adding 100 + 40 + 6 because I already know it’s 146.
Bang: Math… like ten frames and stuff
5. What do you like best about your teacher?
Crash: That she’s nice
Bang: That she gives us lots of play time
6. What time should school start?
Crash: 11:00 am
Bang: 8:30 am
7. What time should school end?
Crash: 3:35 pm
Bang: 9:30 am
8. What would be the most awesomest way to go to school?
Crash: Riding a big dragon
Bang: Dirt bike and ride in the woods
9. What book would recommend to others as a must read?
Crash: The Land of Stories The Wishing Spell
Bang: Ain’t Gonna Paint No More
10. What do you want to do this weekend?
Crash: Have a sleepover at Nanny’s
Bang: Have a sleepover in my brother’s bed