We survived the birthday dash – two birthdays two weeks apart. We are now the proud
owners parents of a six and ten year old. So hard to believe I’ve been called Dad for 10 years. Seems so short a time ago I was a new dad carrying a screaming infant trying to figure out why he was screaming. Now I’ve got a screaming 10 year old and I’m still trying to figure out why he’s screaming.
Just kidding. He doesn’t scream any more. It’s more like a growl. Sometimes it sounds like a moo.
Last year on each of the boys’ birthdays I asked them these 20 questions. This year I just asked them at the same time. Some of their answers remained the same, some are different. Some didn’t surprise me, some did. You can read last year’s responses by Crash and/or last year’s responses by Bang.
1. What is your favourite color?
2. What is your favourite toy?
Bang: My front loader
3. What is your favourite fruit?
Bang: Broccoli (it’s not a fruit but it’s healthy!)
4. What is your favourite TV show?
Crash: Gaming Show In My Parents Garage
Bang: Justin Time
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch?
Crash: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
6. What is your favourite game?
Crash: Lego Star Wars on the Wii
Bang: Infinity for the Wii
7. What is your favourite snack?
Crash: The cupcake goldfish
Bang: Buttered saltines and a mixed berry juice box
8. What is your favourite animal?
Crash: Cat and eagle
9. What is your favourite song?
10. What is your favourite book?
Crash: The Harry Potter series
Bang: Pusheen the Cat
11. What is your favourite sport?
12. What is your favourite thing to do outside?
Crash: Either read or play/practice baseball
Bang: Play baseball or practice soccer
13. What is your favourite drink? ?
Crash: Gatorade (although I don’t really need it)
14. What is your favourite holiday?
Crash: My birthday, but it’s American Independence Day
15. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
Crash: My book and Monkey
16. What is your favourite thing to eat for breakfast?
Crash: Chocolate chip pancakes with extra syrup
Bang: Chocolate chip and cinnamon pancakes
17. What do you want for supper on your birthday?
Crash: Shephard’s Pie
Bang: Fish, mashed tatoes with broccoli
18. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Crash: Racecar driver
Bang: A maid and a builder
19. Did you have any dreams last night?
Crash: I did but I can’t remember them
Bang: Nope. I never have dreams. I just lay down like I’m dead.
20. What would be the best birthday present?
Crash: The Nintendo Switch
Bang: The biggest teddy bear in the world.