I completely missed Friday’s “Go Ask Your Father” post. I got this idea in my head and I ran with it and it had nothing to do with blogging. I had decided I wanted to see how many steps I could get in one day. I set my goal at 40,000. My previous record was 32,000. I documented my trip using my GoPro. I’ll post it at the bottom.
Thanks to fellow Nova Scotian, Momantics, for nominating me for a Liebster Award. It was her first time receiving the award and undoubtedly it won’t be her last. Check her out! I’m honored to be one of her 5 nominations…
So here’s how it works!
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you. It’s the least you can do! (see above)
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself. (see directly below)
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the Blogger who nominated you.(see further below)
4. Nominate 5-11 Bloggers who you love and let them know you’ve nominated them.
5. Come up with 11 questions to ask the Bloggers you have nominated.
11 Facts About Myself
1. I want another tatoo for my kids.
2. I’ve got a sweet tooth the size of Hershey Park
3. I love Curious George.
4. I still don’t know if “Nightmare Before Christmas” is a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie.
5. I’m hoping Grace Vanderwall wins America’s Got Talent.
6. I want to run the American Ninja Warrior course.
7. DW is my best friend.
8. I like helping others.
9. 9 is my favorite/lucky number. It’s also DW’s. It was also Crash’s number on his baseball team.
10. I like bending rules.
Are you a night owl or early to bed?
Right now I’m a bit of both. I’m up early (if 6 am counts as early) to start packing lunches and getting breakfast and getting everyone ready to head out the door in time for school. I also enjoy the quiet time after the kids go to bed. 11 pm seems to have become my bedtime. Sometimes a bit later.
EBooks, paperbacks or magazines?
All of the above. I’m kind of slutty in my reading material. I’ll read anything.
Are you a social media junkie?
Nope. Well I don’t think I am. I blog and Facebook and tweet and just recently started making YouTube videos. I don’t really spend any amount on any of it though. Perhaps more than I should, but the house hasn’t fallen down yet, so I’m still okay for now.
The farthest place you’ve ever traveled?
I’ve been down to Costa Rica to backpack around for two weeks. It was amazing. I’ve also been north/west to Calgary, Alberta to visit one of DW’s cousins.
Fall or Summer?
Do you still hand wash dishes or do you use a dishwasher?
Both. We have a dishwasher but we only use it for dishes (gee go figure). The pots and pans still get washed by hand.
I’ve got two. A wolf on my leg and green tree frog on back, right shoulder. The wolf represents family the frog is for DW because a green tree frog stuffie was the first present I gave DW the first time I met her in real life (We met online)
Coffee or tea?
Coke! (tea is fine, though)
Marriage before kids or is that old school?
Old school, myself. If others aren’t old school, I’m okay with that.
Cold pizza for breakfast or am I the only weirdo?
Pizza is great for breakfast. Just nuke it first. I don’t like cold pizza or cold pasta.
How do you like your eggs?
In my belly. Fried, over easy, over hard. Scrambled. Hard boiled is okay, but I’d rather them fried then put on a toasted everything bagel with a slice of cheddar and some bacon.
Would you go skydiving?
Would you consider “roughing it” sleeping in a tent or going without cell phone service?
What your dream car to drive?
Traveling to which country would put you farthest outside of your comfort zone?
If I were to come visit your town, what should I visit first?