He started counting down the sleeps about 20 sleeps ago. It wasn’t even his birthday month and he was getting all fired up. He’s 5 y’all. Or will be tomorrow (a couple hours from now, actually). Today is the day we celebrate the day DW went into the hospital to give Bang his eviction notice. It wouldn’t be until 6:36 tomorrow evening that he joined us outside the womb. Now he’s five. He’ll be starting big kid school in September! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again,
Nothing shows you how fast time truly passes like watching your children grow.
Today’s post will be a time capsule of sorts. I’ll capture his favorites to save for later. Girlfriends. Graduation. Wedding. You know, those important date he’ll need some embarrassment. I’ll do this again in a couple weeks when big brother has his birthday.
1. What is your favourite color?
Bang: I know it’s Blue and orange
2. What is your favourite toy?
Bang: I love my big garbage truck because it can it hold all my blocks in it
3. What is your favourite fruit?
Bang: Apples and bananas (the only 2 fruits he eats)
4. What is your favourite TV show?
Bang: Team Umizoomi
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch?
Bang: Peanut Butter sandwiches
6. What is your favourite game?
Bang: Crash (I’ve written about this game before. It’s a fun one)
7. What is your favourite snack?
Bang: Crackers, cheese, and bananas
8. What is your favourite animal?
9. What is your favourite song?
Bang: Beautiful Now by Zedd ft. Jon Bellion
10. What is your favourite book?
Bang: Exact Action – it’s full of neat trucks
11. What is your favourite sport?
12. What is your favourite thing to do outside? ?
Bang: Play with my friend on the trampoline (the friend he named is our neighbor’s 12 year old daughter)
13. What is your favourite drink? ?
Bang: Apple juice
14. What is your favourite holiday?
Bang: Easter beacuse you get to eat chocolate chocolate chocolate
15. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
Bang: Penguin (the stuffie his big brother gave him “for being born”) and Captain America and Divo (a stuffed rabbit he pretends is a dog)
16. What is your favourite thing to eat for breakfast?
Bang: Banana chocolate chip cinnamon pancakes
17. What do you want for supper on your birthday?
Bang: Hamburger slop (the recipe for this can be found here)
18. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Bang: police man
19. Did you have any dreams last night?
Bang: Yes. I woke up in my underwear, then inwalked to school in my underwear and peeked around the trees and you came to get me
20. What do you want for your birthday?
Bang: Lego fire station
Here is his door as of 9 pm this evening. I can’t wait to see his reaction in the morning. Y’all will be hearing about if I can catch it on video.