It’s not often one gets awarded for doing something they would be doing anyway – even without the recognition. Much like coaching, there are rewards, there are up and downs, there are people, there’s a reason bigger than ourselves. Wait, maybe that’s teaching. Either way, blogging has become more enjoyable than I ever imagine when I first started. Like running, you get out of it what you put into it. No one to blame but yourself. Or your kids. They’re good for blaming stuff on.
In a matter of 3 days I was nominated for this award twice (same award, different badge so I get two badges for the price of one). A huge thanks to Georgia over at McKinley’s Milestones and Lisa Pomerantzster. Without knowing, they both nominated me for this award within days of each other. High fives all around!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link up to their blog ☑
- Nominate at least 15 bloggers of my choice, including links to each one so you, my lovely readers can see what I am talking about! (When thinking about The Versatile Blogger, one must keep in mind writing style, technique, uniqueness of subject matter and the level of love that exudes from the words on their pages) (See Below)
- Share seven facts about yourself (See under below)
Since I was nominated twice I hope I don’t have to nominate 30 bloggers! Or give 14 facts about myself. I’ll just do 15 and 7.
I know not all you do this award thing. They’re kinda silly, but the recognition is nice. Or if you’ve already accepted this award. If I nominate you consider it to be a virtual high five or slap on the ass after a touchdown/homerun/goal.
- I Didn’t Have My Glasses On
- Riddle From the Middle
- Secret Diary of a Computer Science Student
- When the Kids Go To Bed
- Sounds Like Life To Me
- Bumbi’s Mom
- Anxious Mom
- Coach Daddy
- A Momma’s View
- Ah Dad
Now for seven facts about me in case you missed the ABC’s of me:
- Sometimes I sleep with socks on
- I’m excited for the 25-35 cm (10-14 in) of snow we’re supposed to get tomorrow
- I worked 14 years (summers) as an agricultural consultant and loved it.
- My three favorite animals are wolves, cheetahs, and green red eyed tree frogs.
- I have a tattoo of two of those three in five.
- I want a tattoo for my kids, but don’t know what yet (maybe wolf prints?)
- I have the best DW ever in the history!
I was going write about our igloo again today. But it makes me sad. Two days of 6C (42F) and rain will destroy any igloo. Though, as a testament to how sturdy ours actually was, only the south facing roof section fell down. Not the whole thing. Perhaps it can be rebuilt. I’ll show ya later. Tomorrow is question answering day (Hint: one of the question wasn’t asked by the kids). And Saturday is Story Saturday – chapter four is officially in the works). And Sunday has become sharing day. Perhaps I’ll give you a bonus read this weekend?
Happy reading! Happy blogging!
We’re outta here. Time to go to playgroup!